Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Colfax Avenue (Colo.)

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Scope Note: Found: ColfaxAvenue.com WWW site, Feb. 3, 2012: (Colfax Avenue; originally called Golden Road and Grand Avenue; name changed to Colfax Avenue; While Colfax Avenue is commonly considered to run east-west along U.S. Highway 40 through the Denver metro area, the road extends much farther. As U.S. 40 bends east of Aurora and follows I-70, U.S. 36 picks up the Colfax name as a virtually seamless route to Watkins, Bennett and Strasburg. Farther east in Byers, some residents continue to use East Colfax in their addresses, though the name is rarely, if ever, used beyond the town)

Found: Google maps, Feb. 3, 2012: (Map shows Colfax Avenue also numbered U.S. 40, U.S. 287, and Interstate 70)

Found in 728 Collections and/or Records:

75th Anniversary Celebration of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1979 September

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0019.00019
Overview 75th Anniversary Celebration of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Esther Winocur is pictured on the far left. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado.

A Grocery Store on Every Corner: Early Colorado Jewish Grocery, 2002

 Item
Identifier: B230.03.0023.00001
Scope and Contents From the File: Contains DVDs created by Dr. Jeanne Abrams: A Grocery Store on Every Corner: Early Colorado Jewish Grocers; And Justice You Shall Pursue: Early Colorado Jewish Lawyers; A Legacy of Caring: Early Colorado Jewish Women 1860-1930 (2 copies); From Peddlers to Merchant Princes: Early Colorado Jewish Entrepreneurs; Blazing the Trail: An Early History of Denver's Jewish Community; Growing Up in Early Denver: The Lives of Jewish Children 1860-1940; At Home on the Range: Colorado Jewish Cowboys,...

Administration Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1910-1929

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0215.0039.00001
Overview Exterior view of the Administration Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish working men along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Administration Building of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1930

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00013
Overview Administration Building of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). This photograph depicts the building under construction and several unidentified men are seated around the building. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Administration Building of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1930

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00014
Overview Administration Building of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). This photograph depicts the building under construction. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Advertisement for the Grand Opening of the Jewish Theatre, 1923 September

 Item
Identifier: B063.02.0002.00016
Overview Advertisement for the grand opening of the Yiddish theater at the Palm Theatre, 3116 W. Colfax Avenue in Denver, Colorado that appeared in the Denver Jewish News. The opening night performance was The Price of Love on September 12, 1923. The Jewish Theatre was established by the Jewish Theatrical Company, organized by the Josephson family. The Jewish Theatrical Company operated from 1922 to 1926.

Advertisement for the Palm Theatre, 1923 December

 Item
Identifier: B063.02.0002.00017
Overview Advertisement for the Yiddish theater at the Palm Theatre that appeared in the Denver Jewish News. The theater was located at 3116 West Colfax Avenue in Denver, Colorado. The main drama was ''The Second Wife'' on December 25, 1923. The Jewish Theatre was established by the Jewish Theatrical Company, organized by the Josephson family. The Jewish Theatrical Company operated from 1922 to 1926.

Aerial View of Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society's Campus, between 1930-1939

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0340.0001.00001
Overview Aerial view of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society's (JCRS) campus. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Aerial View of National Jewish Hospital, 1961

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00012
Overview Aerial view of National Jewish Hospital's campus in Denver, Colorado at Colorado and Colfax. The campus covers 15 acres and includes a rehabilitation center, research center, pediatric building and others. The hospital was founded in 1899 with the motto, ''None may enter who can pay...none can pay who enter.''

Aerial View of National Jewish Hospital, circa 1997

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00029
Overview Campus of National Jewish Medical and Research Center. The campus sat on 14 acres and had 12 buildings, which was approximately 500,000 square feet at the time this photograph was taken in 1997. It is located at the intersection of Colfax Avenue and Colorado Boulevard in Denver, Colorado.