Original Office of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1915
Interior view of the original administrative office of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) with Dr. Charles Spivak, and his associates. Spivak, center, sits at a desk with a photograph of his friend, the Yiddish poet Yehoash (Solomon Bloomgarden), in front of him. Business manager Ben Friedland talks on the telephone. An unidentified man sits in front, and an unidentified woman sits at left in the JCRS business office. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
- circa 1915
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Series: This series contains a photo album, photographs, bulletin pages, drawings, lithographs, and contact sheets of the campus and buildings, patients and family, staff and volunteers, auxiliaries and conventions, and activities connected with the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and the AMC Cancer Research Center.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
7.75 x 9.75 inches black and white
Donated by A.M.C. Cancer Research Center as part of the J.C.R.S. Records.
Title supplied by archivist. ||Photograph published in Colorado Jewish Family Album, 1992, p.43.
Inscription and Marks
On back of photograph: ''J.C.R.S. early business office.''
- From the Collection: Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.) (Organization)