Exterior View of the Texas Building with Tents at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1950-1970
The Texas Building on the campus of the American Medical Center, which was formerly the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Some of the original tent cottages are visible in front of the building, while the Rocky Mountains are seen in the background. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish working men along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
- between 1950-1970
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Series: This series contains a photo album, photographs, bulletin pages, drawings, lithographs, and contact sheets of the campus and buildings, patients and family, staff and volunteers, auxiliaries and conventions, and activities connected with the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and the AMC Cancer Research Center.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
8 x 10 inches black and white
Donated by A.M.C. Cancer Research Center as part of the J.C.R.S. Records.
Title supplied by archivist.
- From the Collection: Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.) (Organization)