Skip to main content

Dining Hall at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1930

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00089

Overview

Exterior of the Dining Hall Building, on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The dining room had a capacity of 200 and had a porch added to the original structure in the 1920s. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates

  • between 1920-1930

Creator

Digital Repository

Dining Hall at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

Inscription and Marks

Handwritten on envelope: ''#453 JCRS Buildings, #453 JCRS Physical Plant''. On back of photograph: ''#453 JCRS Dining room - capacity 200 Porch added to original structure 1920s''.

Rights and Usage Statement

Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.

Extent

1 Photographic Prints (photograph) : good, black and white ; 8 x 10 inches

Scope and Contents

From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States.

Provenance

Accession # 1271, Donated by AMC Cancer Research Center as part of the JCRS Records.

Inscription and Marks

Handwritten on envelope: ''#453 JCRS Buildings, #453 JCRS Physical Plant''. On back of photograph: ''#453 JCRS Dining room - capacity 200 Porch added to original structure 1920s''.

General

Title supplied by archivist.

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections and Archives Repository

Contact:
2150 East Evans Avenue
Denver CO 80208
(303) 871-3428