Texas Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1928
The Texas Pavilion for Women Building on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) opened in 1927. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish working men along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver. As of 2009, the Texas Pavilion was being used as part of the Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design.
- circa 1928
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph) : Black and white, good condition ; 3 x 5 inches
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Ruth Cluff.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
Handwritten on front of photograph: ''Texas Building.'' Handwritten on envelope: ''#429 JCRS 1929''. On back of photograph: ''#429 JCRS c 1928 Texas Building from album of Bertha ''Mickey'' Marks donor Ruth Cluff''.
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Archives (Beck Archives) (Organization)