Skip to main content

Dr. M. Chernyk with Visitors of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1940-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00048

Overview

Dr. M. Chernyk, Medical Director of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS), with two unidentified visitors. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates

  • between 1940-1960

Creator

Digital Repository

Dr. M. Chernyk with Visitors of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society

Rights and Usage Statement

Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.

Extent

1 items (photograph)

Scope and Contents

From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States.

Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements

Good 8 x 10 inches black and white

Provenance

Accession # 1271, Donated by AMC Cancer Research Center as part of the JCRS Records.

General

Title supplied by archivist.

Inscription and Marks

Handwritten on envelope: ''#460 JCRS Staff''. On back of photograph: ''#460 JCRS Visitors and Dr. Chernyk''.

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections and Archives Repository

Contact:
2150 East Evans Avenue
Denver CO 80208
(303) 871-3428