Dedication Ceremony of the Texas Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1935
Dr. Philip Hillkowitz sitting behind an unidentified speaker at the dedication ceremony for the New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
- between 1904-1935
- Mile High Photo Company (Denver, Colo.) (Photographer, Organization)
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Fair 8 x 10 inches black and white
Accession # 1271, Donated by AMC Cancer Research Center as part of the JCRS Records.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
On back of photograph: ''Center: Dr. Phillip Hillkowitz, What year?, Dedication of Texas Bldg.?''
- Colfax Avenue (Colo.)
- Dedications (Ceremonies)
- Denver (Colo.)
- Edgewater (Colo.)
- Hillkowitz, Philip, 1873-1948
- Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.)
- Main Medical Building (Spivak, Colo.)
- Sanatoriums -- Colorado
- Spivak (Colo.)
- West Colfax (Denver, Colo.)