B'nai B'rith 171, 1949
Ten members of B'nai B'rith dressed in tuxedos pose together, some seated on and some standing behind a couch. Back row left to right: John Streltzer, Si Quiat, Mel Zelinger, and an unidentified man. Front row left to right: Harold Cohen, Lou Gelt, Joe Mosko, Ben Blumberg, Saul Pinchick, and A. B. Hirschfeld.
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 8 x 10 inches black and white
Donated by Ben Blumberg.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
Handwritten on front of photograph: ''1949.'' Handwritten on back of photograph: ''1949, #406, B'nai B'rith 171, 1949, Rear, John Streltzer, Si Quiat, Mel Zelinger, ?, Front, Harold Cohen, Lou Gelt, Joe Mosko, Ben Blumberg, Saul Pinchick, AB Hirschfeld.'' Stamped on back of photograph ''Albert O. Corwin, Technical Photographer, 3227 Albion St. - Dexter 2843, Denver 7, Colorado.''
- B'nai B'rith
- Blumberg, Benjamin M., 1911-1978
- Cohen, Harry
- Denver (Colo.)
- Gelt, Louis E.
- Hirschfeld, A. B. (Abraham Bernard), 1888-1957
- Independent Order of B'nai B'rith. Denver Lodge No. 171 (Denver, Colo.)
- Mosko, Joseph
- Pinchick, Saul, Judge, 1905-1974
- Quiat, Simon, 1887-1981
- Streltzer, John E. (Ellis), 1901-1985
- Zelinger, Melvin M.
- Albert O. Corwin Commercial Photographs (Photographer, Organization)
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)