Green Gables Country Club Photographs and Records
Green Gables Country Club was the suburban successor of the Progress Club (1885-1929). The club was founded by 8 Jewish business men because Jews were often denied membership to similar organizations. The historic club became a social center for Denver’s well-to-do Jewish Community. It sat on 152-acres at 6800 W. Jewell Ave., unincorporated land next to Lakewood. Financially difficulties and declining membership closed the club in 2011 and the land sold to a housing developer for $15 million. Collection contains news clippings, histories, plaques, ledgers, minutes, membership books, newsletters, photographs, and scrapbooks related to the Greens Gables Country Club from 1928 through 2011.
- Green Gables Country Club (Organization)
27.5 Linear Feet (16 containers)
- Description rules