Skip to main content

Beth Israel Hospital and Geriatric Center Records

 Collection
Identifier: B127
In 1918 the Moshev Zkenim (Organization of Elders) Home and Society was incorporated in Denver with Ed Grimes (who had been a Cotopaxi resident) as president. The cornerstone was laid on June 22, 1919. The facility opened in 1920 and the name was changed to the Beth Israel Hospital Home. A second three story building opened in 1946, the Beth Israel Home for the Aged. The old building was used for chonically ill and the new building provided hospital and geriatric care. In the 1970s the name was changed to Beth Hospital and Geriatric Center. In 1987 Beth Israel was sold to St. Anthony's to pay for a new facility at Shalom Park, which opened in 1992.Collection contains administrative records, photographs, scrapbooks, publications, clippings and minutes from the Beth Israel Hospital and Geriatric Center from 1917-1995.

Dates

  • Other: 1917-1995

Creator

Extent

8 Linear Feet