Congregation Mogen David Records
The large Glazerlach (Goldberg) family from Brest-Liovsk organized their own Chassidic (hasidic) congregation in 1885 in the home of Rabbi David Radinsky. The Congregation Mogen David (Shield of David), better know as the Glazerlach Shul, was housed in a brightly painted frame house on the west bank of the Platte River, next to Radinsky Rag factory. The location was prone to flooding and in the 1909 flood the synagogue was filled with eight feet of water. The Mogen David was one of two synagogues in Denver that had a mikvch (ritual bath). Before World War II there were not enough men in the neighborhood to form a minyan, because most ot them congregation had joined other synagogues. The building stood empty for may years until it was torn down in 1953. The collection consists of the corporate stamp press.
- circa 1890
- Congregation Mogan David (Organization)
0.5 Linear Feet (Letter document box)
- Description rules