Deborah A. Palmieri Collection on Yuli M. Vorontsov
Deborah Anne Palmieri is the Honorary Consul General of the Russian Federation in the State of Colorado. Palmieri's collection includes digital copies of documents, photographs, and audio files related to the life of late Russian Ambassador to the United States Yuli Mikhailovich Vorontsov. All original documents are still held by Palmieri.
- Palmieri, Deborah Anne (Person)
Biographical / Historical
Yuli Vorontsov was a Russian diplomat and ambassador who held a wide range of positions representing the Soviet Union and Russia beginning in the 1970s. As of 1994, Yuli Vorontsov had held the following positions: Ambassador of the Russian Federation to the United States of America. Adviser to the RF President for foreign policy issues. Former RF representative at the UN Security Council.
In 1999 he became the Chairman of the Board for AIG's Russian-American Investment Bank. As of 2000 Vorontsov shared the Post of the Secretary General's High Level Coordinator for compliance by Iraq with its obligations to Kuwait. This was the work that Vorontsov focused on until his death in 2007.
1 Linear Feet (1 record box)
Scope and Contents
- Overview of the Life of Yuli Vorontsov, 1926 - 2007
- Questionnaires and Interviews, 1988 - 2009
- Rare Live Interview of Yuli M. Vorontsov, 1998
- Research Documents, 1952 - 2010
- Museum of Diplomacy - Russian Ministry, 1952 - 2009
- Tribute Letters to Yuli M. Vorontsov, 1999
- Yuli M. Vorontsov and President Boris Yeltsin Participation in the Denver Summit of Eight, 1997
- Assorted Correspondence, 1996 - 1998
- Journals, 1989 - 2008
- Newspaper Articles, 1970 - 2008
- Russian Language Sources
- United Nations, 1990 - 2008
- US Government Documents, 1959 - 2003
- Web Pages, 1983 - 2010
- Description rules