Skip to main content

University College (1926-1946) Records

 Collection
Identifier: U102

In 1927, the City College was established at the University of Denver as the Evening Division for the College of Liberal Arts. In 1936, the name was changed to the University College and was then closed in 1946. The collection contains course materials, clippings, press releases, promotional letters, class schedules, and announcements.

Dates

  • 1927-1946

Creator

Extent

0.25 Linear Feet (1 half letter document box)

Scope and Contents

The collection contains materials for both the City College and the University College dating from 1927 to 1946. Materials include course materials, newspaper clippings, press releases, promotional letters, class schedules, and announcements.

Biographical / Historical

In 1927, the City College was established at the University of Denver as the Evening Division for the College of Liberal Arts. Courses taught at the college were equivalent to the liberal arts courses taught at the University of Denver. In 1936, the name was changed to the University College in order to prevent confusion that was caused by the use of the title City College. The University College closed in 1946.

Arrangement

The collection is partially arranged.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Transfer from the Chancellor's Office, 1960.

Accruals

No further accruals are expected.

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections and Archives Repository

Contact:
2150 East Evans Avenue
Denver CO 80208
(303) 871-3428