Found in 14 Collections and/or Records:
This folder contains the contract and presentation information from the architect of record.
The contract is entitled "Specifictions of a residence to be erected at Spivak, Colorado." The contract is between the JCRS and Raymond Harry Ervin, architect.
Babi Yar Park in Denver, Colorado was dedicated on October 2, 1983 to memorialize the September 1941 massacre of the Jews that remained in the Ukrainian city of Kiev, at a ravine called Babi Yar. The Babi Yar Park Foundation was formed under the leadership of Helen Ginsburg. Collection contains minutes, administrative papers, correspondence, reports, scrapbooks, news clippings, photos, public relations materials and architectural drawings from the Babi Yar Park between 1969-2015.
Folder contains four (4) photographic prints of Carl Bieler, Central City and Denver architect. Mr. Bieler designed and engraved the memorial chairs in the original opera house.
This folder contains a series of notes of architectural ideas.
Photographic image of men in suits wearing hard hats and holding shovels full of dirt: [left to right] Cal Cox (Project Contractor), Keith Heaton (DU), Jeff Bemilin [sp] (DU), Chancellor Ritchie, Rod Davis (Architect), at the groundbreaking of the Facilities Management building on the campus of the University of Denver on 9/27/1994.
Dankmar Adler was a Jewish architect who worked during the 1880s in the Chicago architectural firm Adler and Sullivan; however, little is known about him. Adler partnered with Louis Sullivan on Pueblo, Colorado's, Grand Opera House, which burned down during the winter of 1922.
History of the first 43 years of Babi Yar Park, the Spring/Summer 2010 issue of the Mizel Museum Newsletter and a copy of "Star Witness" article from the July 2015 issue of Landscape Architecture Magazine along with email correspondence between Alan Gross and people wishing to build a memorial in Kiev.
Pat Sullivan discusses details about the University Park area of Denver, Colorado and the changes that took place since he moved to the neighborhood in 1940. He talks about the local businesses including a gas station and butcher store, how he used the streetcar to go to football games at the University of Denver, playing softball and soccer with his friends in Observatory Park and the professions of the neighbors in the area.