Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 75 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Jews played a central role in the development of Colorado through their contributions to economic life and development. Denver's first mercantile store was opened by Jewish citizen Fred Salomon in 1859. Before long, stores run by Jewish merchants and their family members in search of work and wealth flourished on the main streets of most Colorado towns including, Denver, Central City, Leadville, Trinidad, and Fairplay. This film focuses on the lives of a number of early merchants, including...
Overview Three unidentified men stand in front of the Gordon Sign Company. Harry Gordon migrated from Lithuania to New York before settling in Denver, where he founded the Gordon Sign Company.
Dates: circa 1905
Overview File contains a small promotional calendar from Green's Dress Shops, located throughout Colorado. The calendar is about 3 inches by 4 inches, with removable paper dates for the months, that attaches to the metal, green base.
Overview Brief biographies of Jewish men and women who grew up in Jewish communities in Colorado. Contains historical photographs and interviews with people describing their childhoods.
Overview Harry Hoffman stands in front of his father's clothing store surrounded by jackets and boots. More shoes and clothing can be seen in window displays on either side of the door.
Dates: circa 1929
Overview Canned goods and staples inside the Londoner Store located at 15th Avenue and Arapahoe Street in Denver, Colorado. The Londoner grocery store was owned by Wolfe Londoner, mayor of Denver from 1889 to 1891.
Dates: circa 1890
Overview Minnie Betsy Miller and son Henry Miller are standing with three unidentified clerks inside M.B. Miller's store in Leadville, Colorado. Interior view of store shows piles of towels, shirts and ties. Signs advertise sales on suits and negligee shirts. Minnie Betsy Miller is the mother of Minnette Miller.
Dates: between 1902-1903
Overview Exterior view of Kay's Jewelers. Signage says, ''Kay's Credit Jewelers,'' ''Eyes examined glasses on credit,'' ''Watch repairing,'' ''Diamonds on credit,'' and ''Silverware.'' Address on the door is 1617. In 1916, Sol and Edmund Kaufmann opened the first Kay Jewelers in the corner of their father's furniture store.
Dates: between 1950-1960