Jewish women -- Colorado -- Denver
Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Overview In 1926, Beth David Sisterhood was founded in an effort to create a new Hebrew school and Jewish social center for the West Colfax area of Denver, Colorado. The Beth David Hebrew School and Center met at the home of the Reverend and Mrs. Jacob Gordon at 1490 Julian Street. In November 1928, Beth David Sisterhood formed an alliance with Beth David Brotherhood and the Denver Hebrew Institute, and this group became known as the Hebrew Educational Alliance in 1929. The collection consists of the...
Overview Interviewed by her daughter, Eva talks about Glen Park School (later became Colfax Elementary) and was first PTA president, she was the first female president of Hebrew Educational Alliance, which was meant to be the Young Men's Hebrew Association. She also talks about gathering kosher food with Fannie Lorber for patients in Beth Israel Hospital.