Jewish women -- Colorado -- Denver
Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 159 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents This series contains a photo album, photographs, bulletin pages, drawings, lithographs, and contact sheets of the campus and buildings, patients and family, staff and volunteers, auxiliaries and conventions, and activities connected with the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and the AMC Cancer Research Center.
Overview Scrapbook from Hadassah Denver Chapter with award certificates from 2003-2013 and congratulatory letters from Colorado Governor Roy Romer from 1987 and 1992.
Overview Beatrice Sanders was born on September 12, 1900 in Utica, NY and died in Trinidad, CO on August 23, 1987. She was known as a Trinidad civic learder, serving as acting rabbi for the Temple Aaron congregation and working with the Jewish community in many different capacities, including as congregation president. Sanders also founded the Maternal and Child Health Clinis and the Las Animas County Vision Fund in Trinidad.
Overview In 1926, Beth David Sisterhood was founded in an effort to create a new Hebrew school and Jewish social center for the West Colfax area of Denver, Colorado. The Beth David Hebrew School and Center met at the home of the Reverend and Mrs. Jacob Gordon at 1490 Julian Street. In November 1928, Beth David Sisterhood formed an alliance with Beth David Brotherhood and the Denver Hebrew Institute, and this group became known as the Hebrew Educational Alliance in 1929. The collection consists of the...
Scope and Contents Black leather wallet with keys on a Tiffany & Co key chain ring with the initials ''LRM'' engraved on the toggle. Three cards for Marjorie Hornbein were in the wallet: her Colorado driver's license, Medicaid card, and health insurance card.
File — Box B271.01.0001: Series B271.01 [U186020737067]
Overview Nettie Limon lived in the west Colfax area of Denver in the early 1900s and contributed to a number of Jewish organizations, including the West Side Benevolent Society. The West Side Benevolent Society was formed in 1906 and purchased land in 1908 for the Golden Hill Cemetery. The collection contains a Certificate for Membership of West Side Benevolent Society 1914; Certificate in Hebrew; Certificate for Contribution of $1.00 for U.S. Jewish Relief Day Special Fund 1916; Grand College Talmud...
File — Box B151.01.0001: Series B151.01 [U186020738592]
Overview (1) file folder containing: mounted membership of JCRS, program for ''A Tribute to Quality Education in Denver'', program for Golda Meir, photocopies of newsclippings, photocopy of financial documents, ''Discovery of Golda'' by Max A. Heller, Rocky Mountain News article on Golda Meir's niece's return to Denver, North High program and North High transcript.