Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
Overview Interior view of Evans Chapel, focusing on the altar. Chancellor Chester M. Alter and Dean Cutler are identified sitting behind the minister.
Dates: between 1953-1966
Scope and Contents From the Collection: The collection consists of over two terabytes of digital images, made available to the University Libraries by the Myhren Art Gallery at the University of Denver for the purposes of long-term preservation and user access. Images are curated at the item level.
Overview Church surrounded by water with only the steeple visible. Buildings in background on land.
Overview Founded in 1874, Temple Emanuel, also known as Congregation Emanuel, is the largest and oldest synagogue in the Rocky Mountain Region. The location at 16th and Pearl streets was dedicated in January of 1899 and served the congregation until they fully expanded into their current location on Grape Street in 1960. In 2006 the Pearl Street Temple was purchased by Denver Community Church. The building is a National Historic Site. Collection contains photographs, scrapbooks, administrative papers,...
Overview Exterior view of Grace Church and Evans Chapel (at its original location) at 14th and Bannock streets, next to the Civic Center campus of the University of Denver.
Dates: between 1878-1959