Skip to main content

Pearl Street Temple Emanuel Synagogue Foundation Records

 Collection
Identifier: B276
Founded in 1874, Temple Emanuel, also known as Congregation Emanuel, is the largest and oldest synagogue in the Rocky Mountain Region. The location at 16th and Pearl streets was dedicated in January of 1899 and served the congregation until they fully expanded into their current location on Grape Street in 1960. In 2006 the Pearl Street Temple was purchased by Denver Community Church. The building is a National Historic Site. Collection contains photographs, scrapbooks, administrative papers, cassette tapes, and programs related to Pearl Street Temple Emanuel Synagogue Foundation from 1892 through 2000.

Dates

  • 1899-2000

Creator

Extent

6.75 Linear Feet (5 containers)