Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Jews

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 5332 Collections and/or Records:

Aerial View of National Jewish Hospital, circa 1997

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00029
Overview Campus of National Jewish Medical and Research Center. The campus sat on 14 acres and had 12 buildings, which was approximately 500,000 square feet at the time this photograph was taken in 1997. It is located at the intersection of Colfax Avenue and Colorado Boulevard in Denver, Colorado.
Dates: circa 1997

Aerial View of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1940-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00098.00001
Overview Aerial view of the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). This postcard is from a set of photographs of the JCRS. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado.
Dates: between 1940-1960

Aerial View of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1930-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00075
Overview Aerial view of the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver. It was the largest Jewish institution in the world for the treatment of tuberculosis. The JCRS property consisted of 148 acres with 34 buildings and 27...
Dates: between 1930-1960

Aerial View of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1930-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00099
Overview Aerial view of the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver. It was the largest Jewish institution in the world for the treatment of tuberculosis. The JCRS property consisted of 148 acres with 34 buildings and 27...
Dates: between 1930-1960

Aerial View of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00022
Overview Aerial view of the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: circa 1940

Aerial View of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society's Campus, circa 1941

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00078
Overview Aerial view of the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: circa 1941

Aerial View of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society's CampusAerial View of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society's Campus, between 1915-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00070
Overview Aerial view of the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1915-1960

AeroHalor in Box, circa 1945

 Item
Identifier: B109.01.0002.00002
Overview Three pieces of an AeroHalor (a dry powder inhaler) used by Dr. Arthur L. Esserman, a pediatrician in Denver, Colorado. The AeroHalor was made by Abbot Laboratories in Chicago, Illinois. Dry powder inhalers were used in the 1940s, primarily for aerosolizing penicillin. Dr. Arthur L. Esserman (born 1898) was an intern at Children's Hospital in Denver from 1924 to 1926 and practiced pediatric medicine from 1926 until his death in 1952.
Dates: circa 1945

Affiliation University of Denver and NJH, 1968-1976

 File
Identifier: B005.01.0021.0007
Overview Correspondence related to the affiliation between University of Denver and NJH
Dates: 1968-1976

Aimee Peyser at Emerson School, 1909 September

 Item
Identifier: B063.05.0013.00047
Overview Beulah Solomon (later Cohen) and Aimee Peyser (later Strauss) stand at the drinking fountain at Emerson School washing cups.
Dates: 1909 September