Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol (Denver, Colo.)
Found in 74 Collections and/or Records:
Overview A turquoise flannel bag with pink and blue silk-cord drawstring. The bag holds three Beth Ha Medrosh Hagadol Synagogue (BMH) medals attached to a satin ribbon. The first is a rectangular medal with three blue stars on a white background outlined in red. The second is a gold-plated medal with scroll work and the inscription ''Alumni Medal, Awarded to Pearl [sic] Hayutin, BMH Religious School for General Excellence 5690-1930.'' The third is a copper-plated medal scrollwork and the inscription...
Overview The Beth Ha-Medrosh Hagodol (BMH) confirmation class of 1915 members are seated and standing in suits and dresses. The girls have large bows in their hair. Rabbi Charles Kauvar is seated in the middle of the second row. Left to right: Charles Rosenbaum and David Grimes seated on the floor. Sophie Miller Peterman standing second from right.
Overview The Beth Ha-Medrosh Hagodol (BMH) confirmation class members of 1921 are seated and standing in suits and dresses. The girls are all wearing hats. Rabbi Charles Kauvar is standing in the middle of the second row.
Overview The Beth Ha-Medrosh Hagodol (BMH) confirmation class of 1930 members are standing in suits and dresses. The girls have large bouquets in their arms. Rabbi Charles Kauvar is standing in the front row and next to him is standing Peryle Hayutin (Beck) with her hair in long curls. Rear L-R: Raymond Spiegelman, Albert Schnitzer, Bernard Goldberg, Abraham Kauvar (son of Rabbi Kauvar) and Paul Kwantin; Second row L-R: Leo Flax, Marvin Goldfarb, Minnie Wallins (teacher), Beatrice Pashel Groussman,...
Overview Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol Congregation (BMH-the Great House of Study) was establsihed in 1892 in a group of rented rooms above co-founder Henry Plonsky's shoe and boot store on Larimer Street in Denver, Colorado. It officially incorporated in 1897 and grew to become Denver's largest modern Orthodox Jewish congregation. The congregation was first housed at 24th and Curtis Streets and then erected a new building at 16th and Gaylord. In 1969 BMH moved to its present location at 560 S. Monaco...
Overview Brief description of several early Jewish leaders of commerce, philanthropy, religion, and community as well as several Jewish lawyers, doctors, merchants, and politicians in Colorado.
Overview The Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol Confirmation Class of 1911, thirteen young women and six young men, sit or stand around Rabbi Charles E. H. Kauvar. Another man stands behind Rabbi Kauvar. The girls all wear white dresses and big white boys and the boys are all in suits.