Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
File — Box: B233.06.0012
Abstract Thomas Fitzgerald, left; Harry J. Pells, back; and General Eisenhower, right with several unidentified children holding toys at the first contribution to the Denver Legion Tide of Toys. The children are all from the National Home for Jewish Children.
Departments -Health, Education and Welfare - Education - Higher Education - Institute for American Strategy, 1965-1966
Abstract Jack Foster (1906-1978) was a journalist and editor of the Rocky Mountain News in Denver, Colorado from 1940-1970. He changed the format of the newspaper to a magazine-style format in an effort to sustain it in the early 1940s. He also introduced an advice column, the Molly Mayfield column, written by his wife Frances. His papers include correspondence with Dwight D. Eishenhower, Roy W. and Jack Howard of Scripps-Howard News Service, and Richard Nixon, as well as typewritten copies of...
Abstract Copy of a page from the Intermountain Jewish News featuring a collage of photographs from Max Goldberg's personal and professional life. Photos include Max and Mariam Goldberg's wedding portrait, Max shaking hands with President John F. Kennedy, Max standing with Robert Kennedy, Max holding a sheriff's badge, Max posed with President Dwight Eisenhower, Max posed with President Gerald Ford, Max shaking hands with Danny Kaye, and shaking hands with Max Baer.
Dates: 1972 November 3
Scope and Contents From the Collection: The records highlight fundraising related to the hospital foundation through photographs, programs and other event ephemera. Several recorded interviews and television programs as well as published texts provide and in-depth history of the organization. The collection includes ephemera, publications, scrapbooks, donation ledgers, photographs, newspaper clippings and audio-visual materials.
Dates: late 1940s
Abstract Group photograph of luncheon attendees at the 152-acre club, west of Denver at 6800 W. Jewell Ave. on unincorporated land next to Lakewood. The club was founded in 1928 by 8 Jewish business and political leaders at a time when many Denver social institutions barred Jews from membership. The President, the Judge and others sit at the head table. This is a digital copy of the original photograph.
Dates: 1955 September 12