Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Neusteter, Max D., 1874-1925

 Person

b. 1874, d. August 24, 1925

Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:

Building Appreciation Plaque for the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1921

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00046
Overview A plaque at JCRS that says, '' In appreciation of their efforts in behalf of this building this tablet is dedicated to, Max D. Neusteter, Denver; Oscar Abel, New York; J.C. Berkson, New York; Samuel Goldberg, New York; John C. Mack, New York; Samuel Moskowitz, New York; and Louis Stern, Denver, 1921.'' These men gave efforts to help construct one of the buildings on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded...
Dates: 1921

Complete Financial and Statistical Report of the JCRS for 1924, 1925

 Item
Identifier: B002.05.0199.0022.00001
Overview Report of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) annual operations and finances for the period beginning January 1, 1924, and ending December 31, 1924; Dr. Philip Hillkowitz was the Society's President, and C.D. Spivak was the Secretary. Includes an obituary and memorial for Max D. Neusteter, 1874-1925, patients' writings, and a landscape architectural development plan created by S. R. De Boer. Also includes two medical papers, one devoted to children with tuberculosis. Also includes...
Dates: 1925

Dedication tablet showing appreciation for JCRS building contributors, undated

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0215.0178.00006
Scope and Contents From the Series: This series contains a photo album, photographs, bulletin pages, drawings, lithographs, and contact sheets of the campus and buildings, patients and family, staff and volunteers, auxiliaries and conventions, and activities connected with the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and the AMC Cancer Research Center.
Dates: undated

Max David Neusteter, 1925

 File
Identifier: B002.13.0337.0010
Overview Contains memorial booklet published by JCRS for Max David Neusteter.
Dates: 1925

Neusteter Family and Neusteters Photographs and Records

 Collection
Identifier: B304
Overview In 1910, Max and Edward Neusteter moved to Denver and founded the Neusteter's high fashion women's clothing store. It was located on 16th Street in downtown Denver for many decades until it closed in 1986. The Neusteters were also active philanthropists, and Max underwrote the creation of the Max Neusteter Rehabilitation Building on the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) campus in 1928. The collection consists of photographs related to family members and the store, a Neusteters' box...
Dates: between 1910-1970