Skip to main content

Neusteter Family and Neusteters Photographs and Records

 Collection
Identifier: B304

In 1910, Max and Edward Neusteter moved to Denver and founded the Neusteter's high fashion women's clothing store. It was located on 16th Street in downtown Denver for many decades until it closed in 1986. The Neusteters were also active philanthropists, and Max underwrote the creation of the Max Neusteter Rehabilitation Building on the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) campus in 1928. The collection consists of photographs related to family members and the store, a Neusteters' box and 1911 .

Dates

  • between 1910-1970

Creator

Extent

1.25 Linear Feet

Biographical / Historical

Born in Cincinnati, Max and Edward Neusteter were two prominent Jewish businessmen who migrated to Colorado for health reasons in the early years of the twentieth century. They first settled in Estes Park, but by 1910, the two moved to Denver and founded the Neusteter's high fashion women's clothing store. It was located on 16th Street in downtown Denver for many decades until it closed in 1984.The Neusteters were also active philanthropists, and Max underwrote the creation of the Max Neusteter Rehabilitation Building on the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) campus in 1928. Max's nephew Myron Neusteter took over the store in 1948.

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections and Archives Repository

Contact:
2150 East Evans Avenue
Denver CO 80208
(303) 871-3428