Box 3, 1915-1971
File — Box: B115.01.0003
Beth Joseph Congregation (Denver, Colo.) was incorporated in 1921. It named after Joseph Mandel, father-in-law of philanthropist Isadore Rude, who helped the Congregation acquire the Curtis Street Synagogue. In 1987, Beth Joseph joined with Beth HaMedrosh Hagoldol to form the BMH-BJ Congregation. Mt. Sinai Synagogue and Congregation of Cheyenne, Wyoming, was incorporated in 1910 and built the first synagogue in 1915. The current synagogue was dedicated in 1951. A stream that ran through the property enables the synagogue to have a ritual bath of "living" water in its partial basement.
From the Series: 3 Linear Feet (1 legal document box, 1 record box, 1 flat box) ; flat box 16 x 12 x 3
Scope and Contents
Contains the 50th Anniversary Journal of Beth Joseph Congregation from 1971. There is also a folder with documents and copies of photos with the people identified. The copies of photographs are from the Mt. Sinai Ladies Auxiliary picnic at Bell Rahch, July 10, 1927. A copy of the Congregation letterhead has a list of members of the Congregation on October 23, 1915. Also contains booklet published by Beth Joseph Congregation for their 50th anniversary.
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Archives (Beck Archives) (Organization)