Beth Joseph Congregation (Denver, Colo.)
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Overview This collection contains materials intentionally assembled by Beck Archives. Materials relate to past and present Jewish congregations, which were or still are located in Denver, Colorado, or the western United States. Materials are originals or copies of items dating from 1906-2004, including receipts, correspondence, newspaper clippings, newsletters, member and founder lists, event programs, invitations, legal documents, interview transcripts, brochures, slichos, Hebrew Bibles, and historical...
Dates: c. 1800-2015
Overview This is a large printed booklet created by the Beth Joseph Congregation for their 50th Anniversary. The booklet contains information about the congregation's history.
File — Box: B115.01.0003
Overview Beth Joseph Congregation (Denver, Colo.) was incorporated in 1921. It named after Joseph Mandel, father-in-law of philanthropist Isadore Rude, who helped the Congregation acquire the Curtis Street Synagogue. In 1987, Beth Joseph joined with Beth HaMedrosh Hagoldol to form the BMH-BJ Congregation. Mt. Sinai Synagogue and Congregation of Cheyenne, Wyoming, was incorporated in 1910 and built the first synagogue in 1915. The current synagogue was dedicated in 1951. A stream that ran through the...
Overview Synagogue on 24th and Curtis St that housed several congregations. Temple Emanuel from 1882-1899, Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol from 1898-1921, and Beth Joseph from 1921- circa 1946.