Family of Jessie and Nellie Shwayder, circa 1922
Jesse and Nellie Shwayder sit for a family portrait surrounded by their five children. All members of the family are looking at Norma, the baby, who sits center on Jesse's lap and is the only individual looking at the camera. The other children are, left to right, Dorothy, Fay, King, and Ruth.
- circa 1922
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 4 x 5 inches black and white
Donated by Hannah Shwayder Berry.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
Handwritten on back of photograph: ''Family of Jesse and Nellie Shwayder.''
- Carter, Fay M. Shwayder Morris, 1916-2005
- Denver (Colo.)
- Jewish children
- Jewish men
- Jewish women
- Shwayder Family
- Shwayder, Dorothy, 1914 or 1915-
- Shwayder, Jesse, 1882-1970
- Shwayder, King David, 1910-1995
- Shwayder, Nellie Weitz, 1886-1977
- Shwayder, Norma M., 1921 or 1922-
- Shwayder, Ruth, 1908 or 1909-
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)