Exterior of Hebrew Education Alliance, circa 1978
The Hebrew Educational Alliance's original building at West Colfax and Meade Street. It was founded in 1932 and became the largest congregation on Denver's west side. The Hebrew Educational Alliance was created as a result of the ''alliance'' between the Beth David Hebrew School Sisterhood and Brotherhood, and the Denver Hebrew Institute. On October 25, 1932, Rabbi Manuel Laderman arrived in Denver to serve as the first Rabbi of the Hebrew Educational Alliance. The combined synagogue and Hebrew School was organized along Orthodox lines. When the Alliance moved into another building, the original building became the Golden West Nursing Home.
- circa 1978
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph) : Black and white, good condition ; 5 x 7 inches
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by the photographer, Dr. Charles McNamara.
Title supplied by archivist. Photograph was mislaid and was replaced by another print.
- McNamara, Charles (Photographer, Person)
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)