Former Location of Beth HaMedrosh Hagadol, 1978
Exterior view of the front of the former Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol building on 16th and Gaylord. This was the location of Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol from 1921 - circa 1966.
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 5 x 7 inches black and white
Donated by Charles McNamara.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
Handwritten on back of photograph: ''#221; Former Beth HaMedrosh Hagadol; 1978; 16th and Gaylord St.; Congregation housed here 1921-c 1966; Donor Charles McNamara.''
- McNamara, Charles (Photographer, Person)
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)