Boys at the National Asthma Center, 1947 May
Group of boys from the National Asthma Center (NAC) sit on the steps of a building with two unidentified nurses. The Center's history began in 1907 as the Denver Sheltering Home for Jewish Children, which was a refuge for lower-income children whose parents were being treated for tuberculosis, or had passed away from tuberculosis. In 1928 the institution changed names to the National Home for Jewish Children in Denver. In 1953, the name changed to the Jewish National Home for Asthmatic Children at Denver and the institution became a treatment center for children with asthma. In 1957, the name changed again, to the Children's Asthma Research Institute and Hospital (CARIH). In 1973, the name National Asthma Center was adopted and in 1978 the National Asthma Center merged with the National Jewish Health Hospital and Research Center to become the National Jewish Health Hospital / National Asthma Center (NJH/NAC).
- 1947 May
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Series: This series contains photographs and slides.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
8 x 10 inches black and white
Donated as part of the National Asthma Center Records.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
On back of photograph: ''May, 1947 N.H.J.C. - 506 California Bldg.''
- Children's Asthma Research Institute and Hospital (Denver, Colo.)
- Denver Sheltering Home for Jewish Children
- Group homes for children
- Jewish National Home for Asthmatic Children in Denver
- National Asthma Center (U.S.)
- National Home for Jewish Children in Denver
- National Jewish Hospital (U.S.)