Skip to main content

Girls of the National Asthma Center, between 1970-1980

 Item
Identifier: B089.12.0020.0009.00005

Overview

Group of unidentified girl patients from the National Asthma Center smiling for a photograph. The National Asthma Center's history began in 1907 as the Denver Sheltering Home for Jewish Children, which was a refuge for lower-income children whose parents were being treated for tuberculosis, or had passed away from tuberculosis. In 1928 the institution changed names to the National Home for Jewish Children in Denver. In 1953, the name changed to the Jewish National Home for Asthmatic Children at Denver and the institution became a treatment center for children with asthma. In 1957, the name changed again, to the Children's Asthma Research Institute and Hospital (CARIH). In 1973, the name National Asthma Center was adopted and in 1978 the National Asthma Center merged with the National Jewish Health Hospital and Research Center to become the National Jewish Health Hospital/National Asthma Center (NJH/NAC).

Dates

  • between 1970-1980

Language of Materials

From the Collection: The collection is primarily in English, but there is some material in Hebrew and Yiddish.

Rights and Usage Statement

Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.

Extent

1 items (photograph)

Scope and Contents

From the Series: This series contains photographs and slides.

Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements

7 x 10 inches black and white

Provenance

Donated as part of the National Asthma Center Records.

General

Title supplied by archivist.

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections and Archives Repository

Contact:
2150 East Evans Avenue
Denver CO 80208
(303) 871-3428