Schachet Mercantile Company, 1982 June 27
Exterior view of the Schachet Mercantile Company on West Colfax Avenue in Denver, Colorado. The building was originally built as a saloon in 1896, rented by Eli Schachet and his sons in 1918 and served as the headquarters for their meat and fish store until it closed in 1981.
- 1982 June 27
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 5 x 4 inches color
Donated by Peryle Hayutin Beck.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
Handwritten on envelope: ''#558 RMJHS Historic Denver Tour Roll II 6-27-82''. On back of photograph: ''6/27/82 II 16A-17 Schachet Mercantile''.
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)