Oral History Interview with Frank Quicksilver, 1979 July 25
Topics covered: Father died when he was six; served in WWI for the Russian Army on the front line; 1920 Russian civil war starts, white army killed Jews; leaves for US paying many bribes to get out; comes through Elis Island, goes to Baltimore where uncle was and later to DC; gets TB and comes to Denver for treatment with wife and 18 mo. old child, in Denver diagnosed as asthmatic; worked in produce sales, talks about JCRS jobs; lost only son in World War II; feelings on Jewish community; early childhood in Russia and life under Czar.
- 1979 July 25
- Quicksilver, Frank, 1895-1982 (Interviewee, Person)
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (1 sound tape cassette)
Scope and Contents
From the Series: Series 4 consists of recorded oral histories by residents of Beth Israel Home. The interviewees reflect on their experiences as either Jewish immigrants or children of immigrants to America.
Digitized other analog
- Beth Israel Hospital and Geriatric Center (Denver, Colo.)
- Denver (Colo.)
- Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.)
- Jewish history, life, and culture
- Jewish men -- Colorado -- Denver
- Oral histories
- Tuberculosis -- Hospitals -- Denver (Colo.)
- United States -- Emigration and immigration
- World War, 1914-1918