Skip to main content

JCRS Main Building, between 1920-1929

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00109

Overview

Main hospital building located on the east side of JCRS. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates

  • between 1920-1929

Digital Repository

JCRS Main Building

Inscription and Marks

On envelope: "#1091 JCRS Postcards of Campus c. 1902". On back of photograph: "The main hospital, had four wings very large, #1091." On front of photograph: "J.C.R.S. New Main Building"

Rights and Usage Statement

Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.

Extent

1 Photographic Prints (photograph) : good, black and white ; 4 x 6 inches

Scope and Contents

From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.

Provenance

Photograph was donated by Sarah Holcolm Florida.

Inscription and Marks

On envelope: "#1091 JCRS Postcards of Campus c. 1902". On back of photograph: "The main hospital, had four wings very large, #1091." On front of photograph: "J.C.R.S. New Main Building"

General

Title supplied by archivist.

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections and Archives Repository

Contact:
2150 East Evans Avenue
Denver CO 80208
(303) 871-3428