Texas Pavilion Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1937-1957
The Texas Pavilion for Women Building on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) opened in 1927. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish working men along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver. As of 2009, the Texas Pavilion was being used as part of the Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design.
- between 1937-1957
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 4 x 5 inches black and white
Donated by Marjorie Hornbein.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
Handwritten on envelope: ''#180 JCRS Group of pictures''. On back of photograph: ''#180 JCRS Texas Building now the cancer hospital''.
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Archives (Beck Archives) (Organization)