Dignitaries of National Jewish Hospital, between 1920-1930
Dignitaries of National Jewish Hospital in Denver, Colorado. National Jewish Hospital is located on the corner of Colfax Avenue and Colorado Boulevard. Pictured are Mayor Stapleton, Governor Sweet, Seraphine Pisko, Rabbi William Friedman and Judge Ben Lindsey.
- between 1920-1930
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 Items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 3 x 4 inches black and white
Donated by Stella Latker.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
Handwritten on envelope: ''#725 NJH Pisko, Friedman, Sweet, Lindsey, Stapleton, c. 1920s''. On back of photograph: ''Mayor Stapleton, Governor Sweet, Seraphine Piskoe [sic], Rabbi Friedman, Judge Ben Lindsey, Donor: Stella Latker c. 1920s''.
- Colfax Avenue (Colo.)
- Denver (Colo.)
- Friedman, William S., Rabbi, 1868-1944
- Lindsey, Ben B. (Ben Barr), 1869-1943
- National Jewish Hospital (U.S.)
- Pisko, Seraphine Eppstein, 1861-1942
- Stapleton, Benjamin F., 1869-1950
- Sweet, William E. (William Ellery), 1869-1942
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)