Banquet for JCRS and AMC Auxiliaries, between 1940-1970
A dinner banquet for auxiliaries of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) or American Medical Center (AMC). Pictured are Ben and Belle Perlmutter, as well as William Alterman. AMC was located on the grounds of the former Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver. In the 1950s, the institution reincorporated as the American Medical Center and became one of the first dedicated cancer institutions in the nation.
- between 1940-1970
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 8 x 10 inches black and white
Accession # 1271, Donated by AMC Cancer Research Center as part of the JCRS Records.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
Handwritten on envelope: ''#478 JCRS Auxiliary''. On back of photograph: ''Left Ben and Belle Perlmutter fourth on left Wm Alterman #478 JCRS - AMC Auxiliaries.''
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Archives (Beck Archives) (Organization)