Bed Dedication Ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1928
A bed dedication ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. Charles Spivak is pictured in the center, to the left of the man holding a plaque and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz is to the right of the man holding the plaque. The dedication appears to be conducted on a stage. A large American flag is hung up behind the group of people surrounding the bed. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
- between 1904-1928
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 7 x 9 inches black and white foam core board
Accession # 1271, Donated by AMC Cancer Research Center as part of the JCRS Records.
Title supplied by archivist.
- Colfax Avenue (Colo.)
- Dedications (Ceremonies)
- Denver (Colo.)
- Edgewater (Colo.)
- Hillkowitz, Philip, 1873-1948
- Hospital beds
- Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (U.S.)
- Jewish physicians
- Sanatoriums -- Colorado
- Spivak (Colo.)
- Spivak, C. D. (Charles D.), 1861-1927
- West Colfax (Denver, Colo.)
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Archives (Beck Archives) (Organization)