Dr. Charles Spivak Seated at His Desk, circa 1923
Dr. Charles Spivak sits at his desk with a copy of the Denver Jewish News opened in front of him and a telephone on an extension frame behind him. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish working men along with the support of several leading physicians, including Dr. Spivak, and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
- circa 1923
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
2 items (2 photographs in good condition) : black and white ; 5 x 7 inches and 8 x 10 inches
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Donated by AMC Cancer Research Center (JCRS).
Title supplied by archivist. ||Appears in ''Images of America: Jewish Denver 1859-1940,'' by Dr. Jeanne Abrams, on page 85.
Inscription and Marks
Handwritten on back of photograph: ''Dr. Charles Spivak at his desk, c. 1923.'' Handwritten on back of duplicate photograph: ''Dr. Spivak at his desk c.1920.''
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)