Exterior of the First National Jewish Hospital Building, between 1899-1902
Exterior of the first building on the campus of National Jewish Hospital. This building was known as the Frances Jacobs Hospital and was founded in 1899. In 1907, the name of the hospital changed to the National Asthma Center. It later became the Children's Asthma Research Institute and Hospital, National Jewish Hospital/National Asthma Center (1978), and National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine (1985).
- between 1899-1902
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 8 x 10 inches black and white
Donated by the National Jewish Hospital.
Title supplied by archivist. ||Appears in ''Images of America, Jewish Denver 1859-1940,'' by Dr. Jeanne Abrams, page 76.
Inscription and Marks
On back of photograph: "National Jewish Hospital, #1075, c. 1899-1902." On envelope: "#1075 NJH."
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)