Skip to main content

Linas Hazadek of West Denver Records

 Collection
Identifier: B195
Linas Hazedek was established as an Orthodox Jewish non-profit benevolent organization. The constitution for the organization dates to September 1921, although the organization was not incorporated by the State of Colorado until 1955. The organization provided visits to sick members and performed services and last rites for deceased members. All donations to the organization were to be used for the funeral expenses of the members. It operated originally at the Synagogue at Hooker Street and West Conejos Place. Later, Linas Hazedek and Congregation Kneseth Israel merged with Yeshiva of Denver at 100 Quitman.

Collection contains two bound ledgers, a photocopy of petition for Jewish Day School, receipts, business correspondence, certificate of incorporation, articles of incorporation from Linas Hazadek.

Dates

  • 1921-1960s

Creator

Language of Materials

Collection Materials are in both English and Hebrew; largely Hebrew.

Extent

0.25 Linear Feet (1 container) : Half- letter document box

Scope and Contents

Collection contains two bound ledgers, a photocopy of petition for Jewish Day School, receipts, business correspondence, certificate of incorporation, articles of incorporation from Linas Hazadek.

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections and Archives Repository

Contact:
2150 East Evans Avenue
Denver CO 80208
(303) 871-3428