Skip to main content

Edgewater (Colo.)

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Name Authority File
Scope Note: Bio/Hist: 1892-1937, located in Jefferson County, Colorado

Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:

Campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1922-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0019.00008
Abstract Campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The New York Building was completed in 1922 and served as the main hospital building, pictured in the center of the photograph. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado.
Dates: between 1922-1960

Dedication Ceremony of the Texas Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1935

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00044
Abstract Dr. Philip Hillkowitz sitting behind an unidentified speaker at the dedication ceremony for the New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1904-1935

JCRS Ladies' Pavilion, between 1920-1929

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00106
Abstract New York Ladies Auxiliary Library Pavilion at JCRS. Four unidentified men are seated on benches in the yard. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1920-1929

JCRS Main Building, between 1920-1929

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0011.00109
Abstract Main hospital building located on the east side of JCRS. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1920-1929

J.C.R.S. New Main Building, between 1911-1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00054.00001
Abstract Exterior view of the main JCRS building shortly after construction.
Dates: between 1911-1940

New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1910-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0019.00025
Abstract The New York Building on the grounds of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside Denver.
Dates: between 1910-1960

New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1910-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0019.00028
Abstract The New York Building on the grounds of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside Denver. This print is not printed on photographic emulsion paper and is probably a photocopy or print from a book.
Dates: between 1910-1960

Patients Undergoing Heliotherapy at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1922-1930

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00060
Abstract A group of patients undergoing Heliotherapy at the Medical Building of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Patients were encouraged to spend time in the sun and open air as a form of treatment for tuberculosis. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
Dates: between 1922-1930