Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Edgewater (Colo.)

 Subject
Subject Source: Lcnaf
Scope Note: Bio/Hist: 1892-1937, located in Jefferson County, Colorado

Found in 14 Collections and/or Records:

Bookbinding and Print Shop of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00032
Overview Interior of the bookbinding and print shop room of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). A large group of men and women are working on various tasks throughout the room. This room was part of the industrial rehabilitation department at the JCRS. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West...

Cow at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1930

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00009
Overview A bull cow on the farm of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dedication Ceremony of the Texas Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1904-1935

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00044
Overview Dr. Philip Hillkowitz sitting behind an unidentified speaker at the dedication ceremony for the New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dining Hall at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1930

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00089
Overview Exterior of the Dining Hall Building, on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The dining room had a capacity of 200 and had a porch added to the original structure in the 1920s. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Event at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1910-1935

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0036.00045
Overview An unknown man speaking at a ceremonial podium at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Dr. Hillkowitz is seated in the back row behind the speaker. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Goldston Bed Dedication, after 1918

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00020
Overview A bed dedication ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Left to right: Dr. Charles D. Spivak, a founder of the JCRS, Louis Robinson, five unidentified individuals, and Dr. Isidor Bronfin. A man holds the bed plaque that says: ''In memory of, Beloved Cecele Goldston, Beloved daughter of, Sophie and Jack Goldston, 1912-1918.'' The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of...

Heliotherapy at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1922-1930

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00078
Overview Male patients undergoing heliotherapy on the verandahs of the Medical Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Major Operating Room at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1950

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00036
Overview Interior of the major operating room used for collapsed lungs on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Newman Cowen Bed Dedication, after 1912

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00019
Overview A bed dedication ceremony at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The bed was donated in memory of Newman Cowen. Left to right: Dr. Herman Schwatt, Rabbi Charles Kauvar, an unidentified man, and Dr. Charles Spivak. Rabbi Kauvar stands second from left holding a plaque that says: ''Newman Cowen, Dec. 30, 1831 - Jan. 15, 1912.'' The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several...

Patient Examination at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1950

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00085
Overview A patient under examination at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.