Skip to main content

Spivak (Colo.)

 Subject
Subject Source: Local sources
Scope Note: Bio/Hist: 1928-1966, located in Jefferson County, Colorado.Source: Jim Forte Postal History. http://www.postalhistory.com/index.htm.

Found in 1805 Collections and/or Records:

Dr. M. Chernyk with Visitors of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1940-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00048
Abstract

Dr. M. Chernyk, Medical Director of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS), with two unidentified visitors. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates: between 1940-1960

Dr. M. Chernyk with Weld County Health Association, between 1940-1960

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00046
Abstract

Dr. M. Chernyk, Medical Director of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS), with the Weld County Health Association. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates: between 1940-1960

Draft Horses at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1920-1940

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0216.0071.00001
Abstract

A group of seven draft horses on the farm at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Two unidentified men are standing with the horses, holding on to lead ropes attached to their halters. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates: between 1920-1940

Drug and Prescription Department at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1938-1950

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00032
Abstract

Interior of the Drug and Prescription Department, part of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). A resident pharmacist, Alex J. Stark, is preparing a prescription. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates: between 1938-1950

Early Campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1912-1950

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00052
Abstract

The early campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) features the operating room, which later became an administration building, women's living quarters, laundry and tent buildings. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates: between 1912-1950

Employee Chanukah Party at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1947

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00049
Abstract Men and women at a Chanukah party for employees of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). In the background are photographs from JCRS and a sign that says: ''43 Years of Progress, History of the J.C.R.S. in Pictures, 1904.......1947.'' The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax...
Dates: circa 1947

Employee Restroom at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1930-1940

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00076
Abstract Employee restroom on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver. It was the largest Jewish institution in the world for the treatment of tuberculosis. It's property consisted of 148 acres on which...
Dates: between 1930-1940

Employees' Building of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1940 October 30

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0003.00080
Abstract

Exterior of the Employees' Building on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates: 1940 October 30

Entrance to JCRS Hospital, circa 1950

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0216.0001.00002
Abstract

The entrance gates to the JCRS boasts an elevation of 5450, just over a mile high.

Dates: circa 1950

Envelope from JCRS to M. Bieler, 1911 February 16

 Item
Identifier: B002.01.0104.0134.00009
Abstract

Returned envelope from Dr. Spivak to Max Bieler with a letter inviting Max Bieler to the sanatorium.

Dates: 1911 February 16