Skip to main content

Early Board Members of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, circa 1924

 Item
Identifier: B002.04.0342.0004.00001

Overview

Early members of the Board of Directors of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). From left to right: Upper row: Henry Ettelson, Charles Miller, Dr. S. Ettelson, Jacob Marinoff, A.T. Scharps, Henry Rosen, lower row: Sol Mangal, Dr. C. D. Spivak, Joseph Durst, John F. Halstead. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. It was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.

Dates

  • circa 1924

Language of Materials

From the Collection: The records are primarily in English, but some materials are in other languages, including Hebrew, Yiddish, German, and Russian.

Rights and Usage Statement

Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.

Extent

1 items (photograph)

Scope and Contents

From the Series: This series contains a photo album, photographs, bulletin pages, drawings, lithographs, and contact sheets of the campus and buildings, patients and family, staff and volunteers, auxiliaries and conventions, and activities connected with the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society and the AMC Cancer Research Center.

Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements

11 x 14 inches sepia

Provenance

Donated by A.M.C. Cancer Research Center as part of the JCRS Records.

General

Title supplied by archivist.

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections and Archives Repository

Contact:
2150 East Evans Avenue
Denver CO 80208
(303) 871-3428