Board of Directors of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, between 1930-1940
Board of Directors of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Seven men and one woman stand on the steps of a building. Rabbi Charles Kauvar stands second from the right and all others are unidentified. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along with the support of several leading physicians and rabbis in Denver, Colorado. The sanatorium was located on West Colfax Avenue just outside of Denver.
- between 1930-1940
- Albert O. Corwin Commercial Photographs (Photographer, Organization)
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 8 x 10 inches black and white
Accession # 1271, Donated by AMC Cancer Research Center as part of the JCRS Records.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
Handwritten on envelope: ''#457 JCRS Personalities''. On back of photograph: ''#456 JCRS Board of Directors 1930s''.