Male patient playing the violin for other patients in National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives, Denver, Colo., circa 1907
A male patient sits in a tent playing a violin while male and female sanatorium patients look on. The hospital was founded in 1899. In 1907, the name of the hospital changed to the National Asthma Center. It later became the Children's Asthma Research Institute and Hospital, National Jewish Hospital/National Asthma Center(1978), and National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine(1985).
- circa 1907
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
1 Items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 8 x 10 inches sepia
Donated by the National Asthma Center.
Title supplied by archivist.
Inscription and Marks
On back of photograph: ''#1141 NJH , 1907''. On envelope: ''Early Historical NJH pictures of Patients and campus''. Written on front of photograph: ''Music Hath Charms.''
- Children's Asthma Research Institute and Hospital (Denver, Colo.) (1957-1972)
- Colfax Avenue (Colo.)
- Denver (Colo.)
- Denver Sheltering Home for Jewish Children (1907-1927)
- Edgewater (Colo.)
- Jewish National Home for Asthmatic Children in Denver (1953-1956)
- Medical centers
- National Asthma Center (U.S.) (1973-1977)
- National Home for Jewish Children in Denver (1928-1952)
- National Jewish Hospital and Research Center/National Asthma Center (U.S.)
- West Colfax (Denver, Colo.)
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)