Juvenile male patients posed in the garden at National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives, circa 1907
Two young men stand on either side of garden foliage in the garden of the National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives, Denver, Colo., founded in 1899. In 1907 the name of the hospital changed to the National Asthma Center. It later became the Children's Asthma Research Institute and Hospital, National Jewish Hospital/National Asthma Center (1978), and National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine (1985).
- circa 1907
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright not evaluated: The copyright and related rights status of this Item has not been evaluated. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. See: https://rightsstatements.org/page/CNE/1.0/?language=en
1 Items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 8 x 10 inches sepia
Donated by the National Asthma Center.
Title supplied by archivist. ||Appears in ''Images of America, Jewish Denver 1859-1940,'' by Dr. Jeanne Abrams, page 78.
Inscription and Marks
On back of photograph: ''#1141 NJH Pediatric Patients, 1907''. On envelope: ''Early Historical NJH pictures of Patients and campus''. Written on front of photograph: ''Our Boys.''
- Children's Asthma Research Institute and Hospital (Denver, Colo.) (1957-1972)
- Colfax Avenue (Colo.)
- Denver (Colo.)
- Denver Sheltering Home for Jewish Children (1907-1927)
- Group homes for children
- Jewish National Home for Asthmatic Children in Denver (1953-1956)
- Jewish children
- Medical centers
- National Asthma Center (U.S.) (1973-1977)
- National Home for Jewish Children in Denver (1928-1952)
- National Jewish Hospital and Research Center/National Asthma Center (U.S.)
- Tuberculosis in children
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)