Skip to main content

Exterior of the first National Jewish Hospital building (The Frances Jacobs Hospital), circa 1895

 Item
Identifier: B063.03.0035.00106

Overview

Exterior shot features a sign over the top front porch, which reads, "The Frances Jacobs Hospital". The name was changed to National Jewish Hospital in 1899. Two men (unidentified) stand in front of the building.

Dates

  • circa 1895

Digital Repository

Exterior of the first National Jewish Hospital building (The Frances Jacobs Hospital)

Rights and Usage Statement

Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.

Extent

1 items (photograph)

Scope and Contents

From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States.

Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements

Good 8 x 10 inches black and white

Provenance

Donated by the National Jewish Hospital.

General

Title supplied by archivist. ||Appears in ''Images of America, Jewish Denver 1859-1940,'' by Dr. Jeanne Abrams, page 76.

Inscription and Marks

On back of photograph: ''#1116 First NJH Building, 1899 pg. 30''. On envelope: ''#1116 National Jewish Hospital - Misc. Historic Photos Patient Days of Care By State, 1949''.

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections and Archives Repository

Contact:
2150 East Evans Avenue
Denver CO 80208
(303) 871-3428