Exterior of the first National Jewish Hospital building (The Frances Jacobs Hospital), circa 1895
Exterior shot features a sign over the top front porch, which reads, "The Frances Jacobs Hospital". The name was changed to National Jewish Hospital in 1899. Two men (unidentified) stand in front of the building.
- circa 1895
Rights and Usage Statement
Copyright not evaluated: The copyright and related rights status of this Item has not been evaluated. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. See: https://rightsstatements.org/page/CNE/1.0/?language=en
1 Items (photograph)
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The collection contains materials intentionally assembled by the Ira M. and Peryle Hayutin Beck Memorial Archives of Jews in the Rocky Mountain region. The bulk of the photographs are from or related to various towns in Colorado, but the collection also contains photographs from other states in the western United States and other countries. There are some 19th century photograph types represented in the collection, including albumen prints, daguerrotypes, tintypes, post cards, colorized prints, cabinet cards, and cartes-de-visite.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Good 8 x 10 inches black and white
Donated by the National Jewish Hospital.
Title supplied by archivist. ||Appears in ''Images of America, Jewish Denver 1859-1940,'' by Dr. Jeanne Abrams, page 76.
Inscription and Marks
On back of photograph: ''#1116 First NJH Building, 1899 pg. 30''. On envelope: ''#1116 National Jewish Hospital - Misc. Historic Photos Patient Days of Care By State, 1949''.
- Children's Asthma Research Institute and Hospital (Denver, Colo.) (1957-1972)
- Colfax Avenue (Colo.)
- Denver (Colo.)
- Denver Sheltering Home for Jewish Children (1907-1927)
- Jacobs, Frances Wisebart, 1843-1892
- Jewish National Home for Asthmatic Children in Denver (1953-1956)
- National Asthma Center (U.S.) (1973-1977)
- National Home for Jewish Children in Denver (1928-1952)
- National Jewish Hospital and Research Center/National Asthma Center (U.S.)
- From the Collection: University of Denver. Center for Judaic Studies. Ira M. Beck Memorial Collection of Rocky Mountain Jewish History (Organization)
- From the Collection: Rocky Mountain Jewish Historical Society (Organization)