Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject HeadingsScope Note: Here are entered general works on structures or edifices. Works on the design and style of structures are entered under [Architecture.] Works on the process of construction are entered under [Building.]
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview A group of people at the cornerstone ceremony for the New York Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). The engraved cornerstone that says: ''Erected by the New York Ladies' Auxiliary. J.C.R.S., 5674, 1914'' is being placed. Dr. Philip Hillkowitz stands center left, Dr. Charles Spivak stands center, and Rabbi Charles Kauvar stands second from right. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen along...
Dates: circa 1914
Overview Groundbreaking ceremony of the original rotunda hospital on the campus of the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS). Later this building became the National Council of Auxiliaries office building. Rabbi Charles Kauvar is pictured with the trowel and Dr. Philip Hillkowitz is pictured to his left. Builder Abraham Judelowitz is standing to the right and wearing overalls. The JCRS was a sanatorium for tuberculosis patients that was founded in 1904 by a group of immigrant Jewish workingmen...
Laying Cornerstone of the New York Ladies Auxiliary Building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society, 1908
Overview A group of people attend a ceremony for the laying of a cornerstone at the New York Ladies Auxiliary building at the Jewish Consumptives' Relief Society (JCRS) on April 19, 1908. The building was a round, red brick building that housed the less contagious tuberculosis (TB) patients. Rabbi C. E. Kauvar, in a top hat, stands on one side of the cornerstone and Abraham Judelovitz, in coveralls, stands on the other side of the cornerstone. Dr. Philip Hillkowitz with no hat, stands to Rabbi Kauvar's...